Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fredo's Mugen Tips #01 - 3 main reasons Why most of your Big Mugen projects FAIL

+2
MangoSauce
Filthy Fredo
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Filthy Fredo

Filthy Fredo

Fredo's Mugen Tips #01 - 3 main reasons Why most of your Big Mugen projects FAIL 51631106195_34e64106bd_o
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank

Many people send me the private message asking me "hey fredo fredo, your stage is best in the world blah blah blah, how do you do this xxx thing".
And always so many question like this, like "how do i do this effect, that code what software is you use?" and this kind of question.

So actually i get tired of give the same answer every time, so I answer everyone here in one tutorial.
But this is not typical tutorial.
I am not gonna show you long demonstration or skills.
I am gonna explain 3 reasons WHY your project fail, and what you need to do to succeed in it.

so here we go.

Reason number 1:YOU DON"T READ ANYTHING

The first reason that people fail at making good mugen projects is because they DON'T READ ANYTHING!
You never read all the Mugen.docs files. You didn't learn the basics things of mugen first.
You didnt learn how all the different files work. You never did some google research of your own to discover answers to the questions.
Instead you lazy and just join discord or website and ask too many question not looking answer yourself first.

Reason number 2: YOU HAVE LAZY GAMER BRAIN

The 2nd reason people fail at making good mugen is because YOU ARE ADDICTED TO VIDEO GAMES!
Mugen is a game, yes. But if you want to make serious mugen project and have success, you cannot be gamer at same time.
Mugen takes LOTS of time. many many hours study. many hours coding things.
If you are try to make high level mugen creation like us, and you think you can play games and chat chatty chat on your twitch and discords same time, YOU WILL FAIL. You have to make some sacrifice of your life to have success. If you try do both things. you will be bad at both things

Reason number 3: YOU DONT HAVE A PLAN OR GOAL

The 3rd reason people mugen project fails is they have NO PLANS AND NO GOALS!
Most people just do this thing every year: they make the new account here, then they do introduction, then they make a WIP and say:

"Hello people i am old retro game guy from golden mugen days, i just come back to mugen 10 years layer yay!
I am going to create my new mugen project call super poopoo fighter!
It have 1000 dragon ball Z character and super cool screenpack! so get ready! tell me what you think about it!"

Then after January they back at 9-5 job, and they give up the topic because they see is impossible they have no plan just make lots of promise and cannot fulfil it, and bring shame on themself and dissappear.
If you have a project, you need a PLAN. you need to know how much time is it you have for work, friends, family, pets, exercise, and then, your free extra time. So if you only have maybe 2 hours a week free time for mugen then your project is gonna have to be very small or you never finish it.
SO my meaning here is, dont make crazy promise you cannot keep to people online, and use brain to create a clear plan how will you achieve your goal and is it possible

So this is my first 3 tips for all of you people who ask so many these questions.
I just give you some good advice. Now I will show you how I use these tip:

number one: I Do lots of research. I study all kinds of documents and video tutorials, and learn more and more about mugen, and also i study all the tools i need to achieve success in my project, even if i must learn some new software or skill. I may sometimes pay to do some online courses to upgrade my skills to make better contents. Also this is a good skill for your life aswell. You MUST study all things in life to get success. easy things is not have any value anywhere in life.

Number 2: I don't play any video games or those kind of extra hobby if I am focus on mugen project. When I am make a mugen project for someone, I must give all my free hobby time and spare time outside my real life responsibility if I want success. Playing video game is just like give the brain chocolate bar or candy. It feels good but there is no reward for me just waste time and be lazy. So I only focus on mugen when I need to complete project. No games no chat social media things as distraction

Number 3: I write down my goals and i think how long is the time i need to finish it. Then i have my plan and write down all the things must i do.
Then i see how long will it take, maybe it is worth my time, maybe it is not worth my time, and then I see when I want to be able to finish it, and I am careful I check that I achieve my goal as i say i will

So there are my 3 tip for you, this is very basic things all people should know this, but I know you gamer people and anime people waste lots of time and thats why your mugen looks all the same as everyone because you did not try and and follow the rules to have success.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Cosmic frog will get you!
Fredo's Mugen Tips #01 - 3 main reasons Why most of your Big Mugen projects FAIL JABb8Bu
Download My Mugen Stuff Here

Phant0mD and MangoSauce like this post

MangoSauce

MangoSauce

Fredo's Mugen Tips #01 - 3 main reasons Why most of your Big Mugen projects FAIL 28356897037_5be1f6146a_o
Taunting The Devil (Gold)
Newagemugen Member for Over 7 Years
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Fanservice (Bronze)
Recieved 20 or more likes from other Members

Filthy Fredo wrote:
Most people just do this thing every year: they make the new account here, then they do introduction, then they make a WIP and say:

"Hello people i am old retro game guy from golden mugen days, i just come back to mugen 10 years layer yay!
I am going to create my new mugen project call super poopoo fighter!
It have 1000 dragon ball Z character and super cool screenpack! so get ready! tell me what you think about it!"

Then after January they back at 9-5 job, and they give up the topic because they see is impossible they have no plan just make lots of promise and cannot fulfil it, and bring shame on themself and dissappear.

Damn...
ngl this part really hit kinda hard...because ive literally done this before almost exactly as you worded it. Frustrated

This is so obvious yet makes perfect sense. Just this is the first time I think i have ever actually seen someone word it like that...damn lol

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Fredo's Mugen Tips #01 - 3 main reasons Why most of your Big Mugen projects FAIL I2Dg5Fs

Constantinius3rd

Constantinius3rd

Fredo's Mugen Tips #01 - 3 main reasons Why most of your Big Mugen projects FAIL 29270914107_0496322bcc_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Hype Beast (Silver)
Recieved 30 or more likes from other Members
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics

Wise words Fredo!
It may sound harsh, but it is quite true this pattern i have seen many times with failed projects.

But I think the biggest reason why many mugen projects failed is because the peoples making these passion project were not thinking about how long it will really take because of lack of experience and when they make one or 2 character then they realize, oh no...this will take forever i give up i lost interest..

Fredo's Mugen Tips #01 - 3 main reasons Why most of your Big Mugen projects FAIL CPi7Pvr

HmmmLawnmower

HmmmLawnmower

Fredo's Mugen Tips #01 - 3 main reasons Why most of your Big Mugen projects FAIL 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges

Yeah... this kinda goes hand in hand with many gamers I've encountered thinking they can make a great game because they have a "cool original" idea. They don't realize the amount of work actually goes into making something. All too common these days.

Knighted Palettus, maximus the 3rd

Phant0mD likes this post

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

Fredo's Mugen Tips #01 - 3 main reasons Why most of your Big Mugen projects FAIL 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years

PREACH Fredo! ANNOINT these Foos! Cheesin Dat behind Cheesin

And like ma homie lawnmower said, the majority of people on the consumer/gamer end of the scale have nooooooooooooooooo idea the amount of blood sweat and tears that goes into making worthwhile creations. It takes YEARS of trial & error jsut to develop your own style and perfect it, let alone actually learn the mechanics of how to make stuff to be able to even complete it so yeeee

Fredo's Mugen Tips #01 - 3 main reasons Why most of your Big Mugen projects FAIL 39617182812_da9b58ffc9_o
http://www.negative-edge.net

Safari94

Safari94

Fredo's Mugen Tips #01 - 3 main reasons Why most of your Big Mugen projects FAIL Ya01log
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Survivor (Bronze)
Survived 1 Inactive Account Auto-Purge
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts

HmmmLawnmower wrote:Yeah... this kinda goes hand in hand with many gamers I've encountered thinking they can make a great game because they have a "cool original" idea. They don't realize the amount of work actually goes into making something. All too common these days.

yeah its really like that and im guilty of it.
I remember making a fullgame compilation and trying to balance the roster out so it felt like a capcom vs snk type game
but the balancing and messing around with individual characters ended up taking all my time up and the game looked like shit so i gave up.

Fredo's Mugen Tips #01 - 3 main reasons Why most of your Big Mugen projects FAIL Wk02Hys

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum