Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Watta's Anime/Manga Review Thread

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Watta's Anime/Manga Review Thread Empty Watta's Anime/Manga Review Thread Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:25 pm

Watta

Watta

Watta's Anime/Manga Review Thread 49283851498_0631820187_o
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
Recieved 5 or more likes from other Members
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank

So I've watched a decent amount of anime so far in my life, and I feel as if I should make this thread. The reason why I didn't do this in the everything anime/manga thread itself is because I am going to be using a template for each review and keeping this organized.

Here's the template. Please use this if you would like to write a review.

Name:
Format [Anime/Manga]:
Year Released:

Grading Factors:----

1. Plot                                               - _/5
2. Character Development                     - _/5
3. Voice Acting [state language]            - _/5
4. Animation Quality                             - _/5
5. Scenery/Background Quality               - _/5
6. Overall Originality                             - _/5
7. Interest/Fun Level                            - _/5
8. BS Factor*                                      - _/5        
9. Ending**
10. Overall Enjoyed***                           - _/5
Total: _/50

Summary:
Give a decent sized summary here going over some/most of the grading points and end it with your personal recommendation and/or thoughts about what you are reviewing.

Total: _/50

*** Point Descriptions***:

This thread is for everyone who wants to give it a go. Include screenshots even, if you want to.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Watta's Anime/Manga Review Thread KcsHGvO
http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta

2Watta's Anime/Manga Review Thread Empty Re: Watta's Anime/Manga Review Thread Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:11 pm

Watta

Watta

Watta's Anime/Manga Review Thread 49283851498_0631820187_o
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank

Name: Steins;Gate
Format [Anime/Manga]: Anime (watched in 1080p)
Year Released: 2011

1. Plot                                               - 4.5/5
2. Character Development                     - 5/5
3. Voice Acting [state language]            - 5/5
4. Animation Quality                             - 5/5
5. Scenery/Background Quality               - 5/5
6. Overall Originality                             - 2.5/5
7. Interest/Fun Level                            - 4/5
8. BS Factor*                                      - 3.5/5        
9. Ending**                                         - 5/5
10. Overall Enjoyed***                           - 5/5
Total: 44.5/50

Summary:

Plot: The plot of Steins;Gate starts of REALLY slowly and it was a tad bit dull IMO. However, as the characters are introduced in the first episodes, you begin to feel the pace come to balance. However, the pace seriously picks up insanely around episode 10; in a good way, don't worry. The series goes from a slow start to a quick pace and then a steady decline with some bumps here and there. Being originated from a top-seller visual novel, the anime was written very well and by the last episode it be comes clear that this was very well thought out.

Character Development: Though not all the characters develop throughout the anime, the major ones go through a very well paced progression. What makes this anime unique and so interesting is how the major characters are unique yet endearing. They have their weird moments, but you will be able to see a good change in them by the last episode.

Other Stuff To Mention: I watched this in Jap dub so the voice acting was very top notch. I especially like the male and female protagonists' voices, they suited them perfectly. BS factor was annoying in the first fifth of the anime, but it wasn't a factor after the pace picked up. It wasn't really that original in terms of a time-traveling theme, but the way everything was explained made it very interesting to watch. It was a bit confusing at first, however, I can say that it's a sci-fi time traveling anime pulled off correctly. Ending was very satisfactory, the last few episodes were epic.

I recommend this to anyone who has free time and a calm mind to watch this anime. Don't stop after a few episodes, but watch the entire way through since you need to get the whole experience to enjoy it the way it should be.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Watta's Anime/Manga Review Thread KcsHGvO
http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta

3Watta's Anime/Manga Review Thread Empty Re: Watta's Anime/Manga Review Thread Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:38 pm

Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Name: Blue Exorcist (or Ao no Exorcist in Japanese)
Format [Anime/Manga]: Anime
Year Released: 2011

1. Plot                                               - 5/5
2. Character Development                     - 4/5
3. Voice Acting [state language]            - 5/5
4. Animation Quality                             - 5/5
5. Scenery/Background Quality               - 5/5
6. Overall Originality                             - 4/5
7. Interest/Fun Level                            - 5/5
8. BS Factor*                                      - 2.5/5        
9. Ending**                                          - 4/5
10. Overall Enjoyed***                           - 5/5

Summary:

Plot: The plot is actually pretty damn amazing. It's a story of 2 brothers who are the spawn of Satan himself. A priest took them in and raised them after their mother died (Not telling you how). When they get older, Yukio (younger brother) Goes to an Exorcist school and Rin (older brother) Figures out that he has Demonic Powers and His brother doesn't. Then HE goes to the Academy with his brother and claims that he wants to Kill Satan himself.....Yet they don't know that he's the spawn of him. Sounds like a badass Story in my opinion.

Character Development: The characters actually change a lot and get along with each other well. The Students all have their Special Abilities (Well Most of them). Also My Favorite Char besides Rin is Mr. Tsubaki. Every time he gets a call from "miss kitty", it's "Class Dismissed, I'M BOUT TO GET SOME SEX (AAAAAYY).

Other Stuff: The battles are Badass, the animations of shit is fuckin' AWESOME. Also I think that the English Dub is Pretty great. (Favorite Line: "That's what I'd want you to think, dumbass." ~Rin Okumura) For anyone who likes anime that has to do with Religion, or even nothing to do with religion, WATCH THIS SHIT, NIGGA :D

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum