Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mugen iceberg entries suggestions/explanation

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ChaosReaper05

ChaosReaper05

Mugen iceberg entries suggestions/explanation GlDVwFc
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic

So, a couple of days ago I found a couple of videos about icebergs charts related to Mugen, and I decided to make my own version, mixing up some aspects about the Icebergs that I saw and adding some information I thought would be useful, and make a YouTube video fully expaining. But I'm not very familiar with Mugen, so I wanted to ask more experienced Mugen fans for any ideas. If you have any, please tell me, and m also tell me their explanation too.

To anyone wondering what I have so far, these are the first 3 entries. I have a lot more, but I'll show them on a later date

• Every copy of M.U.G.E.N is personalized: This is a semi-joke entry referencing one of the most famous iceberg charts ever, the Super Mario 64 iceberg. The SM64 entry references a conspiracy where many glitches and weird occurrences in the game can be explained by the fact that the game has an AI that manipulates the game to the players abilities and desires. Usually, on normal Icebergs, an entry like this would be at the very bottom, usually the very last entry, just like in the SM64 iceberg, however, since M.U.G.E.N entire purpose is to be personalized by the players, this entry is at the very top!

• The main appeal of M.U.G.E.N is the crossover aspect: Since M.U.G.E.N allows players to create any character and stage, it’s no surprise that 90% of all content made in M.U.G.E.N is related to a copyrighted IP. This inadvertently, is the cause of M.U.G.E.N’s popularity, since most people will discover M.U.G.E.N by accident, will be attracted by the IPs that they like, and eventually try to create rosters with all the characters that they like. I myself found out about M.U.G.E.N thanks to a Sonic game using the engine.

• No one knows what M.U.G.E.N stands for: If you didn’t notice already, M.U.G.E.N is an acronym. For what, however, nobody knows. On one hand, since the word “Mugen” in Japanese means “infinite”, which explains why the engine is called like that, and the dots are there just to make the engine’s title more “fancy” and don’t reflect any hidden acronym. Or it could be a coincidence, and the title really is an acronym. Personally, I think M.U.G.E.N stands for “Multiplayer User Generated Engine for Nerds”.

Dragonzoidlexus

Dragonzoidlexus

Mugen iceberg entries suggestions/explanation Ya01log
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Death Note (Wood)
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
Recieved 5 or more likes from other Members

Ive seen many mugen icebergs but none ever cover all the real mysteries of mugen.
From what i hear, this website and its founders and the older members here that make all those private screenpacks and characters are an entire iceberg in themselves.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mugen iceberg entries suggestions/explanation Screen10

ChaosReaper05

ChaosReaper05

Mugen iceberg entries suggestions/explanation GlDVwFc
Death Note (Wood)

Dragonzoidlexus wrote:Ive seen many mugen icebergs but none ever cover all the real mysteries of mugen.
From what i hear, this website and its founders and the older members here that make all those private screenpacks and characters are an entire iceberg in themselves.

I could make an entry about this. Could you give me more details about it?

Safari94 likes this post

Safari94

Safari94

Mugen iceberg entries suggestions/explanation Wcz4RWt
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Silver)
Survived 2 Inactive Account Auto-Purges
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Recieved 10 or more likes from other Members

Yeah there is definitely alot of unknown history about this place.
I know that most of the popular creators that made the best screenpacks and visual contents back in the old days were all originally from here.
Ex Shadow and Noz are probably the creators most casual fans will know about but theres so many more

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mugen iceberg entries suggestions/explanation Wk02Hys

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum