Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[COMPLETED Project]CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies - Screenpack/Fullgame Project - PART003 - Winscreen/Victory Winquote interface

+5
Phant0mD
SuperWhiskey
xXEnchanter.ZuXx
lunalucard55
✴Ex-Sirius✴
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

[COMPLETED Project]CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies - Screenpack/Fullgame Project - PART003 - Winscreen/Victory Winquote interface 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is the 3rd Official project topic for Hatter's Capcom Vs Square: Parallel Destinies Screenpack & Fullgame project.
For Part003/004, we will be creating the Winscreen/Victory Winquote Interface as discussed previously.
To recap on what work has been done so far to date for reference, please refer to the previous completed topics here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is a recap of the summary of what we have discussed & will be working on for these 2 Interfaces

**UPDATED 04.10.22** SEE NOTES RE: FONT SYSTEM
[spoiler="Part 05. VS Screen System"]VS Screen
Create & animate transitional VS screen graphics and animation sequence to current style/theme.
Editable Vs screen VS portrait PSD templates to be supplied with sample data as discussed.
Potential Logo implementation ( as per recent logo reusable raw file templates created by PhantomD)

Workload:
- Vs screen transition fade in/out graphics concept & design (min 2 hours)
- Style implementation, PSD/AI/AE file setup + style application (min 2 hours)
- Animation & final Sprite creation  (min 1 hours)
- Player1/Player 2 Name Display Font system/system.def related coding/offset  (min 1 hours)
(omitted from original quote in error - added 04.10.22)

- PNG/SFF sprite importing & System.def basic coding/testing (Min 1 hours)
- Portrait Template related work/implementation (Already calculated - see portrait system summary for more info)

Summary
In total, the minimum workload timeframe for this job would be a minimum of 6 hours commission work.

Victory Winquote Screen Interface
- Create Victory Winquote Screen interface/supported font system as discussed.
- Aesthetics/style to be consistent with pre-discussed theme
- Editable Winscreen Portrait PSD template to be created & supplied to client incl sample data as discussed

Workload:
- Basic HUD concept & design (min 1hour)
- Winscreen transitional animation sequence gfx/AE template & .air coding etc(min 2hours)

- Font/Winquote text system formatting/positioning/system.def related offset/window testing (min 2hours)
- Portrait template related (Already included - see Custom portrait system job summary for more info)

Summary
In total, the minimum workload timeframe for this job would be minimum 5 hours commission work.

GRAYFOX likes this post

lunalucard55

lunalucard55

[COMPLETED Project]CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies - Screenpack/Fullgame Project - PART003 - Winscreen/Victory Winquote interface 52799406974_3658a59cb2_o
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Obtained The Highest Tier 2 Warrior Class Rank
Survivor (Platinum)

it's a wonderful project, the menu and select screen are very pretty and really stylish, I love it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Flame mist with the power of lightning ...

✴Ex-Sirius✴ likes this post

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

[COMPLETED Project]CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies - Screenpack/Fullgame Project - PART003 - Winscreen/Victory Winquote interface 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Small progress update:

I am working on an animated fade in transition sequence for the VS screen.
The aim is to emphasise the theme of the game title: Parallel Destinies.

There are two stingers running parallel to each other - One capcom themed, ne square themed.
There are capcom/square related animations happening subtlely inside the stingers.

The text also further will emphasise the theme - Warriors of light is obviously a Diddidia/FF nod.
WORLD WARRIOR is obviously a Street Fighter nod.

"Bound By Fate" and "Destinies Align" obviously is a wordplay on the fact the two franchise animations are running concurrently, along with a further emphasis of the game title.
Whether it is a reference to Sephiroth and Cloud being bound by fate, or even the Street fighter universe regarding Ken and Ryu's never ending rivalry and pursual to discover the meaning of the perfect fight.

GRAYFOX and xXEnchanter.ZuXx like this post

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

[COMPLETED Project]CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies - Screenpack/Fullgame Project - PART003 - Winscreen/Victory Winquote interface 52117799409_ab650ff4e9_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Beautiful things are happening here amigo!
This project seemed to have popped up out of nowhere to amaze us!
I cant wait to see what other juicyness you have planned! especially the lifebars and such!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

lunalucard55 wrote:it's a wonderful project, the menu and select screen are very pretty and really stylish, I love it.

Thank you for your kind feedback.
Like all Newagemugen projects that are exclusive, we make it a priority to ensure the quality level is extremely high.

xXEnchanter.ZuXx wrote:Beautiful things are happening here amigo!
This project seemed to have popped up out of nowhere to amaze us!
I cant wait to see what other juicyness you have planned! especially the lifebars and such!

Thanks Zu. Hatter can elaborate more on when the project started, as my work is only fairly recent on it.
RE: Lifebars, I am not designing anything Fight.def related for this project as Hatter is has already designed the Fight.def for this Fullgame.
I believe you will see some more footage of them in the near future from hatter as the game progresses.

Progress Update: Currently working on the Portrait template system for the 2nd Part of the VS screen.
The template will work in the same fashion as the previous, meaning a simple drag and drop system.
This one is using vector shape paths as the render mask method as opposed to transparent feathering for a more symmetrical look.

The next step is to add animation inside of the actual frames themselves. It will be a teamred/blue style theme similar to the first part of the VS intro transition shown above
( I have already gone well over the original minimum timeframe on this one but it will be well worth it)

GRAYFOX and lunalucard55 like this post

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Progress Update:

versus screen interface and Portrait template system is complete minus 2 or 3 minor tweaks.

Should have video showcase of the animation sequence shortly

Update: VS Screen System/Portrait template is complete.

- The VS screen system features an additional fanservice crossover theme, an ode to both Materia/Minat's Orb weapon from SFV as a centre piece
  separating the portraits.

- I have added a dummy sound file at no additional cost for demonstrational purposes as I know you are sorting your own OST system.
  You can simply overwrite the sample audio data file with your personal track/s as required.

- As you are already familiar with the portrait system I wont provide duplicate instructions. The template is located in the Portraits folder entitled 9000,2
  VS Screen Portrait Template.

- As discussed, you will see the animation sequence for 83 frames is extremely minor and barely noticeable except to diehard fans and should not hinder
 anything (also note you can actually disable that intro animation completely if required if it is still intrusive)

Overall, I have supplied an additional 8 hours on top of the initial 6 hours quoted as special service to ensure highest possible quality.

I will now proceed with the final portion - winscreen Interface

GRAYFOX, SuperWhiskey, Phant0mD, lunalucard55 and HmmmLawnmower like this post

SuperWhiskey

SuperWhiskey

[COMPLETED Project]CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies - Screenpack/Fullgame Project - PART003 - Winscreen/Victory Winquote interface 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)

If I never heard of Mugen I would assume this is a real official game.
These graphics and style look mental in a good way

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[COMPLETED Project]CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies - Screenpack/Fullgame Project - PART003 - Winscreen/Victory Winquote interface 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

HOLY FLYING FUCKKNUCKLE BATMAN
THAT SHIT iS FIRE.
THIS is the Newagemugen standard of quality 4 all y'all who dont already know wad time it iz lol

http://www.negative-edge.net

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

SuperWhiskey wrote:If I never heard of Mugen I would assume this is a real official game.
These graphics and style look mental in a good way

Thanks Whis, that's definitely the appeal we are going for with the game - to make it look official and not like just a recreational fan made game.

Phant0mD wrote:HOLY FLYING FUCKKNUCKLE BATMAN
THAT SHIT iS FIRE.
THIS is the Newagemugen standard of quality 4 all y'all who dont already know wad time it iz  lol
But of course lol. Can't let the team down!

Progress Update:

Take this with a grain of salt as it is still a WIP and there is still a lot to do, but I wanted to show mainly a really neat workaround to combat Mugen's limitations as far as layering and maximum portrait display sprite nos.

As you are probably aware, With Mugen you are limited to Only spritenos 9000,1 and 9000,2 for the Vs Screen and Select screen Large Ports, meaning that Mugen doesn't by default allow you to use alternate art for all 3 screens (Select/VS/Win).
Despite that, I have come up with a cheeky workaround via the portrait template to allow for different artwork on all 3 screens.
As proof of concept here you can see that A different portrait for the victory win-quote screen is displaying in-game from what is already in use for the demo footage on the VS screen and select screen.

I still have to reposition various elements on this screen and also the black area behind the character art will have some new animation showing.
The text box you see will have the text showing inside it correctly once I update the code.
There will be also an animation intro sequence similar to what was done with the VS screen.
Something to emphasize you have won.
I will post the next updates to this screen tomorrow and the full portrait template at a later point

lunalucard55 likes this post

HmmmLawnmower

HmmmLawnmower

[COMPLETED Project]CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies - Screenpack/Fullgame Project - PART003 - Winscreen/Victory Winquote interface 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Death Note (Wood)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges

Damn that is really sick looking. Love the epic fantasy music being used.

Knighted Palettus, maximus the 3rd

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

HmmmLawnmower wrote:Damn that is really sick looking. Love the epic fantasy music being used.

**Full disclaimer: Music used is for demonstrational purposes and is mostly all from existing FF fames. Hatter will be adding his own OST BGMs i believe.
Progress Update:

I have fixed the positioning of the text wrapping for the winquotes.

They will now all display universally within the text box template I have incorporated into the winscreen portrait template as planned.

I have also made further adjustments to the portrait template and some minor positioning

Now I can move on to the rest of the cosmetic elements of the Winscreen and work on the animations that will play within the black area and so fourth

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Small progress update.
Currently fine tuning the Victory screen stinger animation.
Obviously a subtle nod to the 2 cactus antagonists of the 2 franchises.
Senior Sabotender (aka cactuar) and Of course Amingo.

As the gold saucer has always been asociated with hitting the jackpot and rewards, it only seems fitting for him to make a quick cameo appearance for the winscreen intro

GRAYFOX, Phant0mD and lunalucard55 like this post

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[COMPLETED Project]CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies - Screenpack/Fullgame Project - PART003 - Winscreen/Victory Winquote interface 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

lmdao this is lookin litty like a titty bro. also LMAO @ Cactus bros hahaha that works so damn perfectly

http://www.negative-edge.net

Shakti♥chu<3

Shakti♥chu<3

Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Published To Perfection (Gold)
Created 30 or more Unique Topics

Beautiful^^

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

thanks guys. I appreciate all the positive feedback. I think we have achieved decent results for the budget/scope of the project.
Final Progress Update: I have now competed the Victory Winquote screen system and custom intro transition.
Demo footage below. If you would like to skip exactly to the Winscreen portiom, it starts at around the 1.00 minute mark:

And with that said. I am confident to say that completes Parts 002 -003 VS/Winquote victory screen systems.
I will begin compiling the files and forward you the details once complete

GRAYFOX, lunalucard55 and HmmmLawnmower like this post

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

[COMPLETED Project]CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies - Screenpack/Fullgame Project - PART003 - Winscreen/Victory Winquote interface OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

This smoking hot man, top notch stuff. Please keep up the awesome works.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Thank you Grayfox. This project is now officially complete for now as these are the only modifications hatter requires, but I am sure there will be other potential projects in the future.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] here are the instructions for creating the VS and Winscreen portraits which bypasses the 2 Portrait limit in Mugen and allows for an additional third image:

01. Open the PORTRAITS folder located in the main directory.
Open the PSD Template file entitled "9000,2 VS Screen & Win Screen Template.PSD"

02. You will see 2x Blue colored Folders in the Layers Panel.
Place your VS Portrait and WINSCREEN portrait in the relevant folders and position according to your tastes.

03. You will see 2x RED colored Folders in the Layers Panel.
They are reference layers to help with portrait positioning.
They can help you preview what the Win screen portraits will look like in the screenpack.
Disable those then save portrait as png.

04. Place the Portrait inside your Character SFF file as spriteno 9000, index 2 (9000,2)/
Position the sprite to X Axis 2560, Y Axis 0 (2560,0) and save.

05. Results from the above will look like the above examples.

With that said this project is officially complete.
I will forward you the final details shortly and if you are happy with the provided work, please reply and I will mark this project as complete and request to have it archived as per usual

hatter

hatter

[COMPLETED Project]CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies - Screenpack/Fullgame Project - PART003 - Winscreen/Victory Winquote interface 42451059065_c5b3f655dd_o
Death Note (Wood)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Fanservice (Bronze)
Recieved 20 or more likes from other Members
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Hey,

So I tested the whole thing, and did a few slight number and music changes here and there, and this SP pretty much works exactly as I wanted it to.

I appreciate your effort and work on this. We can now mark this as complete.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum